I had something akin to this at my wonderful friend's house...I came home and immediately had to recreate it...
Yield: 2 cups
Time: 20 minutes | 5 minutes active
- 350g raw beetroot
- 100g (3/4 c) raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes or so then drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses/maple syrup
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, dry toasted and ground in pestle and mortar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt, to tase
- Water or olive oil as needed to blend
- Lemon juice, to taste see note below
Throw everything in a high powered blender, scrape down sides as you go, add water/olive oil as you go to get the desired consistency. This is truly delicious and as you can see oh so easy!
Note: I love lemon juice and think it means you need less salt so I generally end up using about half of a lemon in this recipe.